Hi, my name is Cindy and I am a certified Eating Psychology Coach and General Wellness Practitioner. With that I bring the experience of 20 years in Corporate Human Resources which has taught me plenty about the stress triggers inherent in being part of the larger workforce.
Nourishmint Coaching brings to life my passion for nutrition, eating psychology and supporting others to overcome wellness obstacles including stress and fatigue management, chronic dieting and learning to maintain a healthy weight through mind body nutrition.
My mission is to lead others to a place of wholeness (intrinsic wellness) by teaching them to understand the sacred language of their own body’s wisdom, approaching health and weight challenges, not as a life sentence but as a doorway to personal growth and transformation.
Everything I advocate and teach, I have tried and adopted in my own lifestyle, whereas I was once trapped in the cycle of dieting, rebound weight gain and disliking my body intensely, I am now entirely free and embodied in my relationship with food, eating and self image. Through this process of personal transformation, I brought together all my studies and learning’s into a personal philosophy I call, Nourishmint Consciousness.
Nourishmint Consciousness is a simple, functional approach to weight loss and optimum wellness that connects you with your body’s natural wisdom…a unique language that guides us into a different way of being, thinking and making choices that lead us gently to optimum wellbeing.
It works with our physiology, psychology and true inner desires for a life that we dream of, completely unique to each of us. As we discover what is out of alignment in that trinity, so appears your bespoke Nourishmint Formula back to wholeness, embracing embodiment as a fundamental principle in the journey that is being truly well.
As 2021 kicks off, I wanted to share some of my key teachings with you so that you start this year off on an empowering, self-nourishing note and lay a strong foundation for the year ahead!
Let’s talk about making changes that last. It’s super easy to fly into each new year with a set of big, aspirational goals and all the enthusiasm in the world…but by February, in the busyness of life, we are already ‘’behind’’ schedule and this quickly leads to disinterest and abandonment of what really matters to us.
My go-to here is to put some extra effort into understanding your true intentions behind these aspirations.
When we attach a deeper meaning and purpose to our desires, then we have a far better chance of manifesting them because we are dreaming them from our hearts (the place of personal truth & inspiration) together with our minds (the place of logic and action).
So how does this come into play when approaching our wellbeing or weight aspirations?
Quite simply we need to learn about the concept of embodiment and understand how this, being the ultimate wellness goal, unlocks the wisdom of the body so that we no longer have to use willpower to get well or lose weight.
We need only connect daily with our body’s unique language through mindfulness, biofeedback, intuitive eating practice and movement, so that real transformation becomes almost effortless.
Then there are also some “Back to Basics” nutritional habits, that we can cultivate to help us along the way!
Product featured: Kuro-bo Go-Eco 1l Glass Bottle
Here are my Top 10 “Return to Wholeness” Tips
1. Drink a lot of Water…your entire body will thank you for it! Remember to use a Glass Bottle!
2. Join the Green Juice Revolution… mixed greens or solo celery, just do it!
Product featured: Slender You Super Greens
3. Eat Seasonal…be one WITH nature, eat what local produce has to offer.
4. Plant-Based for the Win…learn how to bring out the best in your salad and veggie dishes.
5. No-Meat Monday, Wednesday & Friday! Plenty of other protein options…explore them.
6. Check-In before you Tuck-In. Stress chemistry impacts digestion…make sure you are relaxed before, during and after eating to get the best return on your eating investment.
7. Use the 4 Breath Boost! Need to bring yourself into balance…try taking 2 deep breathes in, 2 breathes out…and repeat x 10. This encourages the brain to produce relaxation chemistry.
8. Take up a movement practice. Walking, yoga, dance…all forms of movement are medicine for mind, body and soul.
9. Don’t forget to Sweat. Exercise builds strength and stamina…in both body and mind, 2 essential skills we need in our resilience toolkit in 2021.
10. Vitamin L …the unacknowledged essential wellness supplement. LOVE. Give it, receive it, make it, cultivate it. The feeling and experience of love is the highest vibrational frequency available to the body for healing and an effortless sense of wellbeing.
Product featured: Kuro-bo Go-Eco Glass Bottle
What about supportive Supplementation? Great Question!
Supplementation options these days are limitless and whilst my primary piece of wellness advice is to look to nutrition and lifestyle first, I am also an advocate of high-quality supplementation for that added extra. Here are my top supplement picks this month:
For a great Breakfast on the Go or high quality Protein Snack, go with a Vegan Protein Shake.
Products featured: Slender You Vegan Protein Shakes
I also have what I call a “Work Well Combo” which includes high quality supplements to get me through each busy day.
1. Vitamin B12 is one of the vitamins we are all seriously depleted in. This is usually due to stress we are experiencing, medications we may be taking or even the nutrients we might not be getting . We can eat tons of fresh fruit and veggies and still not get the required amount, so I prefer supplementing it. This particular Liposomal B12 is what led me to VitaSoul and I can truthfully tell you, it really is “Magic in a Bottle”. It gives me the mental and physical ability to go about my day with real pep in my step.
Product featured: Lipolife Liposomal Hydroxy B12
2. Omega 3 is vital for brain and body health. Lucy the Founder of VitaSoul has even discussed Omega 3 in detail in one of her previous blogs Lucy’s Back to Basics. I recommend reading all about this miracle fish oil there.
Product featured: Coyne Purest Omega 3
3. Minerals are depleted from our soil and we can sadly say that we won’t be getting our minerals needed for our bodies to function at optimal capacity from our food. So another great supplement is this Liquid Gold. It is a nutritious whole food supplement that ensures you get all the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, amino acids and even enzymes your body needs. It was also discussed in Lucy’s Back to Basics. So that blog article is worth reading when you start on this journey.
Product featured: Mineralife Daily Multiple
If you do anything, do this. Understand that true health transformation, including weight loss and maintenance, takes an inner paradigm shift which means a fundamental change in your belief system around what it means to be well and what it takes to embody wellness.
If you’ve tried and failed to make your wellness and weight aspirations a sustainable reality, now is the time to work with someone who understands the psychology behind eating and wellness, can guide you purposefully to your own awakening and build out your personalised Nourishmint Formula, guaranteed to stand the test of time.
Yours in wellness,
Cindy Prodgers (Nourishmint Coach)
Disclaimer: Each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual condition is unique. The information in this article is intended for your educational use only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult your doctor for matters pertaining to your specific health and diet. The author of this article is not held responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use or misuse of any information, suggestions or procedures described herein. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health program.