We have many clients reaching out to us at VitaSoul for support on their Cancer journey’s. There is no cookie cutter strategy or protocol that works for everyone. We believe in supporting the client holistically, with information, support groups and referrals to natural medical professionals that can assist them and guide us on their journey. Dr Helen Stutz is one such amazing natural medical professional who we admire and work with. Please take the time to read her article if you are on one such journey or have a loved one going through this.
I am Dr Helen Stutz, with a doctorate in microbiology. My journey of awakening started 10 years ago when I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer following a routine mammogram. At the time, I worked at the institute for infectious disease and molecular medicine developing and testing novel HIV vaccine candidates. I was constantly exposed to chemicals, toxic radiation and a high-stress environment, with long hours at the desk. That being said, I felt like I lived a relatively healthy lifestyle and would never have suspected a cancer diagnosis.
Following diagnosis, I was immediately booked for a mastectomy and hastened into the conventional oncology protocol. Hence, I embarked on a chemotherapy regime before questioning anything first. However, being a researcher at heart, I soon came to learn that there were many documented successful natural and holistic options available to help empower my healing that inspired me to continue along my path focused on natural healing. However, this was no easy task and required a very disciplined and dedicated programmed approach including many changes to lifestyle, diet, stress management and emotional healing. It also involved a lot of driving around in order to see various doctors and therapists. I remember thinking, if only there was a place that I could go where they had everything in one space!
Having walked this holistic healing journey myself, my passion to help others overcome such chronic illness and health challenges was born. I started by supporting patients with necessary lifestyle and dietary changes, and I travelled abroad visiting and connecting with numerous doctors and medical clinics gaining experience. Through this, I met a very special individual William Barrett, who had been diagnosed a few years earlier. Along with a core group of other passionate and dedicated professionals, connected with a common goal to assist others, our dream of opening a Holistic Medical Facility was born.
Who are we?
LifeShine Wellness Centre came about through a collaboration of like-minded doctors, holistic healers and individuals who had a vision and passion to create a unique healing space. Our goal was to create a holistic, comprehensive, multi-therapy treatment facility and information centre for the personalized treatment of patients with immune-compromised illnesses, chronic disease or simply wanting to detox and rejuvenate. The goal was to create a compassionate healing establishment to help people address, and deal with many conditions in a more natural, non-toxic and holistic way, caused from the stress and environment related to the modern way of life.
Our four pillars of healing look at:
- Treatments: We offer a range of different sought-after therapies targeting different areas and functions of the body. Each patient is carefully considered, and specific individualised treatment programs are created. When these treatments work in unison the desired effect of optimum health can be achieved.
- Nutrition: We believe that most illness is related to certain nutrient deficiency or imbalance in the diet and thus the quality of life can be significantly improved if we turn our focus to the fuel we are feeding our bodies, and essentially every cell and its’ functioning. Be it thyroid and hormone-related, cancer, heart or cholesterol problems, functional foods can be used to assist in fighting these diseases. It is of key importance to be mindful of the food you are putting into your body.
- Emotional Healing: Dealing with one’s emotions is probably the hardest part of healing as only you hold the power to change negative emotions that drive behaviour or learned patterns that could be destructive. LifeShine offers a wide range of support and coping mechanisms for patients and their families through specialists trained in clinical psychology, access consciousness, lifestyle coaching and various other modalities.
- Empowerment/Education: Education sessions form a vital part of our program as we want to empower and equip patients and individuals to embrace the life-changing adjustments, continue on diets and support their bodies through supplementation and treatments.
Let’s talk about the big C
Cancer is a state of ‘dis-ease’ in the body caused by oxidative stress resulting in ‘abnormal’ atypical cells. The big question is what are the underlying causes of stress to the cell? So what has caused this? This could be due to a number of different factors, including the genetic makeup, influencing the health of the individual.
What to do if you get a positive diagnosis:
- Don’t panic! By staying calm, you are able to recognize the physical stress signals in the body. This awareness allows you to think more rationally and thus take control and be able to problem-solve through the situation.
- Get organized. Start a file or notebook where you can keep all relevant information on doctors’ appointments, contact numbers and test results. This will help you feel organized and prepared going into any appointments. You can also use this to write down any questions you might have and take notes on doctor’s suggestions.
- Get a second opinion. Cancer can be very complicated and different doctors might have different approaches. For yourself to be at ease with the treatment plan ahead make sure you get a second or third opinion from trustworthy sources before committing to anything too soon
- Get informed. Know your options and do your research! We feel that knowledge is power! Find out about your specific cancer type, cause, treatments and case studies for this. It is very important that one knows all available treatments so whichever route you decide to take, you have made an informed decision.
- Never act from a place of fear!
Our bodies’ systems and functions are truly remarkable – we are designed to naturally tap into our self-healing, self-regenerating functions if we provide the healing epigenetic environment. However often we have lived our whole lives in specific ways, been exposed to harmful chemicals, radio frequencies, pesticides, the list goes on and on, and trying to undo these patterns takes time, knowledge and a lot of commitment!
How can LifeShine help you?
Although we treat many different types of chronic conditions, cancer seems to form our single largest patient base. Each person’s case is highly individualized, and thus there is no one size fits all approach. However, we use many different assessment tools in order to give you the power to understand your body, what triggers may have caused this and how you can implement changes in your life to help heal from your condition.
- Consults with doctors: Our doctors are available for personalized assessments looking at your medical history, test results, scans, nutrient and heavy metal levels, sleep patterns, and dental records in order to get a complete overview of the patients and recommend the best way forward.
- Scans: We offer scans that analyse of the trace minerals and heavy metals in your body. It is invaluable for one to understand the current state of your body and allows us to assist in prescribing key nutraceuticals and therapies that would stabilize your mineral profile and detox from heavy metals to reach desired levels in the body.
- Food intolerance tests: We use a specialized biomarker service provider to identify, analyse and interpret a range of individual and common food groups specific to each individual. The biomarkers allow patients to gauge the level of the body’s intolerance to that food and thus we can refine the patient’s dietary needs and create tailor-made food recipes.
- Blood tests: We work closely with Pathcare and Ampath and draw blood on our premises and send away to the testing laboratories, based on the tests or markers requested by the doctors.
- Home environment assessments: EMF’s: Exposure to EMF’s (electromagnetic fields) occurs on a daily basis, in fact, it is almost impossible to get away from them. This means that you are constantly being bombarded by radio frequencies, essentially being radiated. One of the most important factors is to ensure that your home environment is as safe and as low exposure as possible as this is where you spend the majority of your time. We offer home assessments, and preventative solutions to keep you as safe as possible.
- Alignment and Spinal rehab assessments: Often trauma can be stored in the spine, it is important to release any physical blockages that may be causing dis-ease in your body.
- Psychological assessments: Emotional energy blocks in the body create a dis-ease and sickness in the body. It is important to be aware of these blockages, to understand the origins, and have useful tools to be able to work through these.
We also provide many tools to relay pertinent information to our patients.
- Database: We send out emails with events, relevant or topical information to keep our patients informed. Please contact us should you wish to join our database
- Talk series: We often host events with speakers to share empowering information, their healing journeys or inspirational stories
Be sure to make an informed decision before choosing your preferred therapy approach! We pride ourselves in offering an individualized programmed therapy approach administered by a team of professional therapists.
How can you help yourself immediately?
The best and quickest way it to boost your immune system! This might sound challenging but by focusing on the areas below you are already off to a good start!
Optimize your Sleep
Getting enough good quality sleep is essential for your body to function properly. Your body uses this time to clean the brain of all toxins, to strengthen your immune system, mood regulation, information processing and memory retention as well as physical restoration. It is vitally important to ensure your sleeping environment is clear of all EMF’s that could disrupt your sleep patterns or infringe on your body’s ability to self-heal. One of the biggest factors of sleep deprivation is from blue light caused by technology that suppresses your body’s natural production of Melatonin. If you are struggling with sleep, a natural form of Melatonin would be very beneficial to assist you in regaining normal sleeping patterns.
VitaSoul has a Sleep Blog dedicated to highlighting some natural suggestions for sleep.
You can read it here: Sweet Dreams are made of this!
In our normal day-to-day life, we see very little sun as we find ourselves strapped to indoor desk or office jobs. As little as 10minutes of sun exposure a day can increase your body’s intake of Vitamin D. It is essential to your body’s immune system and the ability to fight off dis-ease in the body. Supplementing with a good Vitamin D will help give your body the extra boost it needs.
Product featured: Better You DLux Spray
Everything starts in the gut! It is essential that your gut is working and functioning optimally! We can start this process by using a good Probiotic and Fulvic Acid to restore the microbiomes in the gut.
Products featured: Florish Probiotic & Oshun Fulvic Acid
With our modern-day lifestyle, more and more people are needing supplement assistance as we are not naturally getting the levels we should be in our diets.
Vitamin C is a supplement that everyone can take! This is naturally one of the strongest cancer-fighting nutrients for your body! Ideally, intravenous vitamin C infusions have the highest absorption rate, but alternatively to start with a good Liposomal Vitamin C option is essential!
Product featured: Coyne Biomax Liposomal Vitamin C
Zinc is used as an overall immune booster, but also acts as a strong defence against cancer, which can only benefit your body while it fights off any tumorous tissue.
Product featured: Metagenics Zinc A.G
There are many other supplements that are beneficial and can be used to either replenish depleted minerals or simply to boost your immune system.
Product featured: Mineralife Daily Multiple
Once an assessment is completed gaps can be identified and the appropriate supplements prescribed.
Product featured: Coyne Purest Omega
“Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.”
– Samuel Smiles
Yours in health,
Dr Dr Helen Stutz (Founder LifeShine Wellness Centre)